(1) Terms of Agreement. The Owner (Owner of rental property), Agent (Feature Vacation Homes), and Guest (Leasing tenant) do hereby agree to abide by the terms set forth in this Agreement. The terms of this Agreement are as follows:
(2) Payment Schedule: Guest agrees to the total rental amount for the term described herein, including nightly rate, cleaning fees, taxes and security deposit(CSA Damage Protection), as set forth in this Agreement. Total amount must be paid to Agent 30 days prior to check-in. If the reservation is more than 30 days away then a 50% deposit is due to hold the reservation. Guest shall pay the total rental amount by way of one of the following payment options; Bank transfer, Direct Deposit, Credit Card, or Check. If Guest decides to pay with a credit card then a processing fee of 3.5% will be added to the total. When paying by Bank transfer, Guest will need to include their name and the name of the property on the deposit slip. Please contact Feature Vacation Homes for additional bank transfer details at email@example.com. If total rental amount is not paid in full 30 days prior to check-in, Guest shall have 48 hours to make funds available, otherwise Agent/Owner shall have the right to cancel reservation. All checks should be made out to Feature Vacation Homes.
(3) Cancellation Policy. Guest may cancel reservation under this Agreement no later than 30 days prior to check-in date, in which case Guest shall receive a full refund of their deposit minus a $250 cancellation fee, and credit card processing fees. If Guest cancels within 30 days of their reservation, all deposits paid to date are non-refundable. Agent/Owner reserves the right to rescind the Agreement and refund any monies paid before Guest occupies the Premises.
(4) Check-In Procedure. VERY IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ. The check-in date and time is set forth in this Agreement. Check-in time is between 3:00pm and 10:00pm. All Guests staying at Premises must check in between 3pm and 10pm on the date of their arrival. Our Guest Services Manager will be meeting you personally when you arrive. Once your reservation is confirmed, you will need to contact them to coordinate your arrival. There will be a charge of $100 for any Check-In’s past 10pm. Please contact your Guest Services Manager at least 2 weeks ahead of time to coordinate your flight and arrival to the property. Upon securing your reservation, the Guest Services Managers contact information will be emailed to you with your confirmation email. Guest is required to give Check-In Manager travel itinerary (including flight information and driving time) in order to arrange the initial check-in.
(5) Maximum Guests. The maximum number of overnight guests is the ‘Unit Occupancy’ as stated on the website for each property.
(6) Private Property. Guest understands and agrees that Premises are a privately owned residence. It shall be treated with the utmost respect and care. Any damages resulting from the guests to any furnishings, appliances, or amenities, shall be paid for by the guest.
(7) Condition of Premises. Guest shall inspect the Premises, furnishings, amenities, appliances, fixtures, plumbing, heating and electrical systems, with manager at time of check-in. Guest shall notify manager at check-in if Guest has found any of the above items not to be in good working condition. Guests shall comply with all obligations imposed upon them by applicable provisions of building, housing, and health codes; maintain the Premises in good condition during the entire length of this Agreement and shall neither cause nor allow any abuse of the Premises therein. Costs to repair, replace or rebuild any portion of the Premises or above items which are damaged by Guest, shall be deducted from the security deposit.
(8) No Outside Cleaning or Repairs. Guest shall not use any outside contractors or cleaning companies. All cleaning and repairs, as well as any other services to the property, must be handled by the Agent.
(9) No Alterations. No repairs, decorations or alterations to the Premises shall be made by Guest. If guest does make alterations to the property, fees may be deducted from the security deposit.
(10) No Assignment. No portion of Premises shall be sublet nor this Agreement assigned to any other parties. If Guest makes any attempt at subletting or assignment, Guest is subject to immediate eviction without refund of rent or security deposit.
(11) No Parties. A party is defined as having more than 8 Persons on Premises at any given time, including those listed in the Rental Agreement. Parties without prior written permission are strictly prohibited at Premises. If an unauthorized party occurs at Premises, Guest is subject to immediate eviction without refund of rent. Additionally a $100 per person fee will be charged against the security deposit at the discretion of the Owner or Agent. If Guest intends to host a party at Premises, Owner or Agent must obtain prior written permission.
(12) Pets. No pets are allowed on Premises. If any other pets are found on Premises, Guest is subject to immediate eviction without refund of rent or security deposit.
(13) No Smoking. Smoking is not permitted indoors at the Premises. Smoking is allowed in the outdoor areas of the Premises. Guests smoking indoors at the Premises are subject to immediate eviction without refund of rent or security deposit. Please dispose of cigarette butts in the trash not in the garden.
(14) Prohibited Uses. Guest shall not use Premises for the purpose of storing, manufacturing or selling any explosives, flammables, drugs, or other inherently dangerous substances. Guest is also prohibited from using the property for any commercial use. Including but not limited to: film production, TV production, commercial production, fashion production, goods production, or any other commercial use of the property. If any commercial activity is found on Premises, Guest is subject to immediate eviction without refund of the security deposit.
(15) Comply with the Law. Guest shall not violate any government law in the use of the Premises, commit waste or nuisance, annoy, molest, or interfere with any other Guest’s or neighbor’s quiet enjoyment. Quiet hours are from 10pm – 8am.
(16) Right of Entry. The Owner, Agent, or employees of Feature Vacation Homes may enter the Premises in case of emergency to supply necessary services; to make necessary repairs, alterations, or improvements; or to exhibit the Premises to prospective purchasers, lenders, residents, workmen, or contractors. Except in case of emergency, Owner, Agent or employee will give notice prior to entry.
(17) Lost Keys. There is a $100 fee for lost keys or garage openers, as all locks must be changed. Keys may not be duplicated.
(18) Lockout Fee. There is a $50 fee for Guest locked out of Premises, as manager must come from off site for re-entry. Under no circumstance are Guests permitted to hire an outside locksmith or alter locks in any way.
(19) Liability. The undersigned Guests, whether or not in actual possession of the Premises, are jointly and severally liable for all obligations under this Agreement, and shall indemnify Owner or Agent for liability arising prior to the termination of the Agreement for personal injuries or property damage caused or permitted by the Guests and/or invitees. Owner and Agent do not insure resident for any personal injury or property damage including, but not limited to, that caused by the act or omission of any occupant or third party, or by any criminal act, war, riot, insurrection, fire or act of God. Guest shall obtain and pay for any insurance coverage necessary to protect Guests and their property from losses or expense that may be caused by such persons or events.
(20) Check-Out Procedure. The check-out date is set forth in this Agreement. Check-out time is 10:00am. At the expiration of the Agreement term, Guest shall immediately surrender the Premises, furnishings, amenities, appliances, and any other applicable aspects of the Premises to the Agent/Owner in the same condition as found upon the commencement of this Agreement. Guests and their belongings must vacate Premises by 10:00am on the day of departure. Upon check-out our Manager will inspect the property and collect a complete set of keys. Please leave all bedding on the beds. Do not strip the beds. If any Guest remains on the Premises after the expiration or termination of this Agreement without the written permission of the Owner or Agent, the Owner or Agent may recover possession of the Premises in the manner provided for by law. Late check-out: Guest shall pay a penalty in the amount of 20% of the daily rent set forth in this Agreement for each hour that Guest remains on the Premises after the check-out date and time.
(21) This Security Deposit Protection plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500. Any damages that exceed $1,500 will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our Rental Properties, an Insured Person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1,500. Certain terms and conditions apply.
(22) Full details of the Security Deposit Protection coverage are contained in the Certificate of Insurance or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/10sdi). The Security Deposit Protection can be purchased up to, and including at, check-in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Feature Vacation Homes any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection. Please contact Feature Vacation Homes directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment to arrange Security Deposit(s).
TRAVEL INSURANCE INFORMATION:
For more information
Click here for CSA travel insurance
To view flyer: CSA Travel Insurance
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE:
For more information
Click here for CSA Damage Insurance
To view flyer: Damage Protection
(23) Legal Fees. If the Guest is in breach of this Agreement, and the Agent find it necessary to enforce this Agreement, or collect rental or other damages, through an attorney or in a legal action, the Guest shall be responsible for reasonable attorneys' fees and out-of-pocket costs which in any way relate to, or were precipitated by the breach of this Agreement by the Guest.
(24) Waiver. The Owner or Agents failure to enforce or insist on compliance with any provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver nor a limitation of the Owner and Agents right to enforce or insist on compliance with the provisions of this Agreement.
(25) Amendment of Agreement. Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either party in connection with this Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by both parties.
(26) Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior written or oral covenants or representations relating thereto and not set forth herein shall be binding on either party hereto. This Agreement may not be amended, modified, extended, or supplemented except by written instrument executed by the Owner, Agent, and Guest. The Owner and Agent have made no representation or warranty to Guest except as herein expressly set forth.
(27) Sever-ability. Should any conflicts arise between any party of this Agreement and the applicable legislation of the State of California, the state laws will prevail and such provisions of the Agreement will be amended or deleted as necessary in order to comply with state laws. Furthermore, any provisions that are required by state laws may be subsequently incorporated into this Agreement. In the event any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, those provisions to the extent enforceable and all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable as though the invalid or unenforceable parts had not been included in this Agreement.
(28) Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
(29) Limited Tenancy. The Guests are only entitled to occupy the Premises for exactly the dates outlined in this agreement. Guest understands this is a short-term rental and has no right or privilege to occupy the Premises beyond the dates and times outlined in this Agreement. Guest has carefully read and reviewed this Agreement and by continuing with reservation, he/she shows informed and voluntary consent thereto.